Glossary beginning with O
Click one of the letters above to go to the page of all terms beginning with that letter.
- Occupational Diseases search for term
An illness, particularly a chronic illness, which a person gets as a result of their work. For example, miners are at risk of particular lung diseases, while cleaners may be at risk of skin diseases from the chemicals they use. Workers might be entitled to compensation from their employer or former employer because their work caused their illness.
- Occupational Hazards search for term
A working condition linked to particular occupations that can lead to illness, injury or death.
- Out-Migration search for term
Migrating from one place to another. This is another word for emigration.
- Outsourcing search for term
- Also known as subcontracting, outsourcing is employing another company to do work as part of a larger contract or project.